CLASSES AND PRIVATE TUITION FOR ALL LEVELS
Tai Chi Chuan is an exceptional martial art and approach to well rounded health, originally designed by the Taoist hermits of ancient China. The art is designed to help practitioners to build a fit and health body, a calm and focussed mind as well as a first class knowledge of martial skills.
Training is based around 5 key areas of practice, with each area concentrating on developing key skills or abilities.
Our Tai chi system is very different to most Tai Chi available elsewhere. We choose to practice the art using the original and rare martial methods, which add depth to the training and enhance the range of benefits.It’s a big art, which should be approached with discipline and dedication in order to reap the considerable rewards from the training
FOR THE DURATION OF ‘LOCKDOWN’ CLASSES ARE ALL ONLINE
Our Tai Chi community trains twice per week, for two and a half hours per session. Students come from a wide range of backgrounds and are of different ages and fitness levels. It’s an extremely open and friendly community of practitioners.
Tai Chi classes Monday and Wednesday
Classes start at 6.30pm and finish at 9pm. All levels are very welcome, including complete beginners.
Venue: GOOGLE HANGOUTS
Monthly membership : £100
Single session : £20
I’m currently teaching all private sessions online. Please get in touch to enquire about sessions.
Tai Chi Neigong / Iron shirt Qigong
Probably the most powerful Neigong/Qigong exercise system in existence.
Learn this powerful system, easily.
Neigong practice improves your health, fitness, wellbeing and vitality in remarkable ways in a short period of time. Significant transformations are observed after around three months of practice (traditionally 100 days).
The practice combines highly evolved forms of exercise (24) with a mindful and tranquil mindset, along with Taoist meditation.
By purchasing you will also receive online learning support:
This Neigong system has been sough out by all serious Tai Chi Chuan martial artists for the numerous benefits it brings. It was one of the primary training methods used by legendary master Cheng Tin Hung to prepare his numerous Tai Chi full contact fighting champions.
Tai chi Neigong/Iron shirt Qigong is far more than a conditioning system for martial artists. It is a complete system of training body and mind, developing the health and strength of the body internally and externally, whilst bringing clarity, focus and tranquility to the mind.
- Enhances breathing patterns
- Expands lung capacity
- Improves functional working of all the joints
- Strengthens and lengthens muscles, tendons and connective tissue
- Improves circulation
- May enhance neurogenesis and neuroplasticity (as shown in studies on meditation/felt sense practices
- Improves health and function of the internal organs
- Enhances immunity through mindful/meditative stress reduction and systematic movement of lymph.
- Meditative practices such as Neigong are shown in studies to lengthen telomeres (anti ageing)
- Develops Fa Jin power – trained and elastic internal power.
- Improves energy and stamina
- Develops integrated, whole body strength and movements
- Trains mindfulness
- Incorporates breath awareness meditation
- Includes mantra meditation.
- Leads to improved concentration, awareness and sensitivity.